Healthy Diet To Fight Pains Of 40s – Art Of Staying Healthy
So you’ve hit the big 40. If, like most of us, you lead a modern lifestyle, you’re probably already feeling the pains of the forties. Years of stress and an unhealthy lifestyle have taken their toll on you, and a belly is the least of your worries. You may also be fighting other health and diet related problems like cholesterol, back, and joint problems. Well, there good news for you: your body has the power to regenerate and return to the same splendour as your twenties. Even better, you already have all the tools you need to do this!
Tips For Staying Healthy
- Staying healthy at 40 is actually very similar to staying healthy at any age. The simple rules are that you need to eat healthy and exercise regularly.
- When you’re 40 though, you can’t have the same eating habits that you did when you were 20. That’s because your body’s metabolism starts to slow down after 25, and keeps slowing down as you age. Here are a few diet tips to help you fight aging in the 40s.
- Eat all the major food groups every day. Your meals need to include servings of protein, carbohydrates, good fats, roughage and vitamins.
- As you get older, though, your body’s capability to absorb protein diminishes, so eating too much meat is bad for you. Instead, stick to whole meals like brown rice or pasta, lots of raw fruits and vegetables for your daily nutrition requirements.
- Eat many servings of green, leafy veggies throughout the week.
- Eat a big breakfast. The old adage goes: “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and sup like a pauper.” This is a good rule of thumb, because when you sleep, your digestive process slows down. Also, instead of three major meals, try to eat many smaller meals throughout the day.
- Eat a lot of nuts and dry fruit. Nuts provide vitamins and healthy fats that can give you a boost of energy.
- Don’t eat junk. Fast food can sap your body of energy and contains the worst ingredients. Instead of a cola and chips, start carrying a fruit or a cheese sandwich to work. This will ensure that you eat healthy and stave off hunger pangs!
- Foods like salmon, olive oil and berries all contain anti-oxidants that prevent aging. They also contain good fats that are very important for a healthy diet.
- Only eat enough to fill your stomach. Remember, you need to eat to live, and not live to eat!
- Keep in mind that for a healthy body and mind, you also need to incorporate exercise into your daily life. So now that you know what needs to be done, go out and do it!