Eat To Stay Healthy - Food And Nutrition For Healthy Living
Staying healthy is not an incredibly difficult job, but in our day and age, we have complicated it so much, that it has now become a task to stay healthy. Our lifestyles today have become sedentary, and we spend most of the day in front of a computer or television. The food we eat is processed, unhealthy, and unbalanced. The stress that our lifestyles and jobs put on us makes it hard for us to rest well. How, then, can we expect to be healthy?
Foods To Stay Healthy - Balanced Diet Tips
Fortunately, the basic principles of staying healthy are very simple and easy to follow.
- Eat all the major food groups every day. Try to consume all the major groups like protein, carbohydrates, fats, roughage, and vitamins etc. Don’t bother about the terms too much; instead, try to eat wholesome, fresh foods instead of processed foods. Eat many servings of vegetables and raw fruit every day. If you eat meat, try to stick to lean, healthy meats like fish and chicken. Avoid junk food and colas as there is nothing healthy or wholesome about these.
- Eat many small meals a day instead of three big meals. This will help your body digest food faster, and keep your metabolism high throughout the day.
- Eat only enough to satisfy your hunger. Remember, that we eat to live, and not the other way around. As a basic rule of thumb, after a meal, your stomach should be a third filled with food, a third with liquid, and a third with air. Try stopping a few bites before you actually feel full.
- Exercise regularly. Unfortunately, it isn’t possible for us to be healthy without exercise. In the old days, our ancestors did a lot of hard physical labour, and were outdoors a lot. Today that isn’t the case. Therefore, we need to include exercise into our lives. If possible, exercise every day. Your routine, which can differ on days, should include strength training (the kind done in a gym), endurance training (like running or swimming) and flexibility (like yoga). This will address the needs of your entire body.
- Rest well. The late night show can be interesting or funny, but it takes away from your precious rest hours. You need to rest at least seven to eight hours every day to be healthy.
- Devote some time to yourself. Competition in the corporate world can be fierce, but your health should be your first priority. Spend some time with yourself every day. It can include anything: exercise, reading or meditation.
- The point is to get in touch with yourself and realize how your mind and body feels.