Natural Cures for Treating Headaches and Vomit Problems
Indigestion of food can be due to various reasons and one of the reasons for headache and vomit sensation can be indigestion. Indigestion for some can be caused due to some serious disease of the digestive tract including gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD). For others it can be simply due to over eating, eating highly spicy and fatty food, eating too quickly or eating under stressed conditions. Ongoing stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, bad meal timings, or certain medications can also cause indigestion. Try the following tips to deal with indigestion and symptoms related to it – vomiting and headache.
Treatment for Chronic Headache
- Firstly correct your meal timings. Preferably eat at same times on a daily basis. Eat small meals at frequent intervals instead of two large meals. Don’t sleep or lie down immediately after your meals, instead keep at least a minimum gap of 2 – 3 hours between your meal times and sleeping time.
- The most successful way to treat indigestion is by avoiding foods for some time that cause indigestion. For example if eating fermented foods or pulses causes indigestion in your case then avoid them. Try other options like legumes or sprouts instead of whole beans and pulses. For this you will have to minutely examine what food causes problem for you and avoid that particular food to prevent indigestion.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol. These are the major triggering factors for indigestion in many cases.
- Avoid eating under stressed conditions. Chew each morsel thoroughly before swallowing. Take at least 20 minutes to complete your meal. Also don’t eat too quickly as this act may not send appropriate signals to the satiety centers in your brain and you may tend to over eat. The ultimate result of this would be indigestion.
- Check all your medications, and before taking any new medications consult your specialist. Often certain medications can be the culprit, irritating your stomach lining and causing indigestion.
- Consult a specialist to identify the exact cause for your indigestion. Once your digestion problem is solved other symptoms of indigestion that you listed like vomiting and headaches should also dissipate. Indigestion may be sign of some serious underlying disease some times. So immediately consult your specialist if you experience sudden loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss, severe vomiting, blood in vomiting, severe pain in the abdomen, sweating, shortness of breath or any unusual symptom that lasts for more than 2 weeks.