Quit Smoking Tips And Ways To Quit Smoking
Everybody knows that smoking is bad for health. A lifetime of smoking can cause a plethora of diseases such as lung cancer as well as 11 types of other cancers. It increases your risk of heart disease, causes pregnancy problems, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), lung disorders, gum disease and vision problems. You don’t really need more reasons to stop smoking. If you feel you want to stub out your cigarette for good, here are some tips to get you on that path.
Stop Smoking Program : Tips For Better Health
- First and foremost, you must believe that you can quit the habit. You must have faced tougher situations in your life, and smoking may not be the mountain it seems right now.
- Think about and write down why your want to stop smoking – maybe to live longer, save money, for your family, look better. Jot it down on paper and read it every day.
- Enlist the help of your family and friends after you have made your decision to stop smoking.
- Set a date when you want to stop completely, and then work towards it by planning, preparing and slowly cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke every day.
- Consult your doctor and ask him about tips to help you quit smoking.
- Start exercising as a workout can help you deal with stress and can help your body get back into shape after years of smoking. If you haven’t exercised much in all these years, begin slowly with a short walk or a few laps in the swimming pool, and slowly increase the time and amount of exercise that you do each day. Consult your doctor before you begin exercising.
- Include some simple deep breathing exercises everyday, where you can inhale and exhale deeply.
- Visualize the day that you will become a non-smoker.
- It is wise to cut back on cigarettes gradually. Plan on how many you want to smoke each day and how many you want to cut down. Instead of directly cutting down on all cigarettes, a gradual approach will be more effective.
- Get your teeth cleaned, as cutting down on smoking can improve your smile.
- Find a buddy who is trying to quit the habit like you. This way you can cheer each other on and have a better chance of quitting together.
- Drink lots of water while you try to break the habit. Water will help to flush out the nicotine and other harmful chemicals from your system.