Important Secrets To Look Young
A diet that improves your health and makes your skin glow or look younger will help you to look 5 or more years younger. Certain diets certainly have an anti aging effect on your skin and overall health. Five anti aging diet secrets are revealed below to help you look and feel younger.
Secret 1 – Load your diet with a variety of fruits and vegetables, make sure to include at least 10 to 12 servings of both fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, including dark greens. Fruit and vegetables are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and in turn supply negligible amounts of fat to the body. Also most fruits and vegetables (except potatoes) have a low glycemic index and low calorie density. Thus you can easily fill up on veggies and fruits without gaining weight unlike other calorie dense foods.
Secret 2 – Include at least 3 flavonoid rich foods in a day. You may choose from soy and soy products like tofu, miso; beans and legumes or apples and onions.
Secret 3 – Include at least 2 omega rich foods in a day. Good source of omega 3 fatty acids include fatty fish like salmon, sardines, shrimp, snapper, scallops, halibut, trout, flax-seeds, soybean, tofu and walnuts. Omega 3 fats are essential fats which can help reduce skin wrinkles and are also great for the heart.
Secret 4 – Include at least 3 calcium rich foods per day. Good sources of calcium include low fat dairy products, soy milk, tofu, tempeh, sesame seeds and dark green leafy vegetables. Calcium from yogurt is well absorbed due to the presence of healthy bacteria so it is essential to any daily diet.
Secret 5 – Never overindulge in eating, even if it is your favorite food. Stop when you are 80 % full. Excess food and nutrition in your body will not only make you look bulky but will also put an added strain on your system to process extra food. Also certain good habits like sitting while eating, eating in a merry social setting and eating at a proper unhurried pace will make a difference.
Looking Young – Tips And Tricks
- Drink plenty of water and keep your body and skin well hydrated.
- Ensure that you get sound sleep at night, at least for 8 hours.
- Moisturize your skin; even a mild baby oil application will help your skin, you do not require expensive skin care products compulsorily.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as far as possible.
- Sunbathing can worsen your skin texture so avoid sitting for hours in the sun.
- Most importantly do not starve yourself in the name of crash diets. These diets can only last for a short period of time and cause severe metabolic changes in your body cells. They are definitely UNHEALTHY.
- Be active and exercise. However do not over exercise as this will also have a negative effect on your skin and age.