Dark Chocolate And Health Benefits
Chocolate Contains cocoa and sugars and that’s the reason it has been categorized to have a negative impact on the body. That is what everybody believes. But certain chocolate effects on the body are positive and this assists in healthy heart functions. Dark chocolates have been recommended as they don’t have too much sugar in them. They also have the ability to fight several dreaded diseases.
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolates
- Healthy dark chocolate with decreased proportion of sugar has been considered to be great for heart disease, cancer and various other dreaded diseases. This has indeed made people aware about its great benefits on human health.
- The type of chocolate, whether milk or dark chocolate, releases endorphins in the brain which work in order to relieve pain.
- It also increases the appetite and provides freedom to the people suffering from migraine attacks.
- Chocolate intake increases longevity of life and reduces risk of heart disease as well as cancer.
- It also helps to reduce stress and provides calmness to the mind as well as the body.
- Dark chocolate has magnesium which helps in healthy functioning of the heart.
- Dark chocolates can lower your blood pressure.
- Dark chocolate when taken with milk serves as an antioxidant. These anti oxidants help the body to be free from toxins.
- Low calorie chocolate is beneficial to the body.
These benefits of dark chocolates not only encourage chocolate lovers but also other people so as to consume the right chocolate for better body functions. Processed chocolates have higher amount of caffeine and Theo-bromine which trigger headaches and the sugars present can worsen acne. So intake of small amount of chocolate regularly is good for health. Making chocolates at home with the desired proportion of ingredients, with very little or no added sugar will surely be good for your health and you can enjoy the flavor of chocolate as well.
The sugars in chocolate add up extra calories, aggravate dental caries and parents believe it to cause ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Syndrome) in their children. Yet research does not provide any conclusive evidence of the link between chocolate consumption and ADHD in children.
The amount of dark chocolate intake should be moderate and not high in order to enjoy optimum health benefits. Chocolates with less cocoa butter and added flavors are recommended. Low calorie chocolate does no harm to the body. Unsweetened chocolate in fact, is always good and has great positive health effects on the body.