Apricot Iced Tea Drink Recipes
Iced Tea Ingredients:
6 cans ready to drink apricot nectar (11 to 12 ounce per can)
16 black tea bags
1 cup fresh spearmint
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 cups boiling water
Few ice cubes
1 pinch fresh spearmint (optional)
½ fresh apricot, chopped in to wedges (optional)
- Boil 12 cups water in a pan. Pour this boiling water in a large pitcher which is heatproof. Combine 1 cup spearmint and tea bags with the boiling water and let them steep for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the spearmint and tea bags, discard them. Cover the tea with a lid and let it stand at room temperature for about 60 minutes.
- After an hour add vanilla extract and apricot nectar to the tea and cover the pitcher again. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 to 40 hours.
- Place 2 ice cubes each in 21 tall glasses. Pour this chilled tea over the ice cubes in the glass. Serve chilled garnished with mint sprigs or apricot wedges (according to your choice). This recipe makes 21 servings, 1 serving is equal to 1 tall glass. You may even choose to serve apricot iced tea in a punch bowl instead of pouring the tea from a pitcher. Serve with floating ice rings.
- This is a very low calorie recipe which provides about 32 calories and 7 gm carbohydrates per serving.
- Apricot iced tea can be considered diabetes friendly and heart friendly recipe as it provides negligible amounts of proteins, total fat, sodium and cholesterol.
- Apricot iced tea is a delicious refreshing drink which can be served along with the meals. This drink can be a great substitute to other sweetened carbonated drinks, colas and sodas which generally form a part of many peoples diet.
- Black tea bags used in this recipe can be considered as a healthy drink as it is blessed with the goodness of polyphynols, tannin, trace elements and trace vitamins and minerals.
- Black tea leaves are derived from an evergreen perennial shrub known as Camellia sinensis.
- Black tea can also be considered a good source of caffeine (one brewed cup of black tea provides about 50 mg of caffeine) which is a methylxanthine that helps to stimulate your heart, stimulate your central nervous system, helps to relax the smooth muscles in the bronchioles (airways to upper lungs) and act as a diuretic on the kidneys.