- A person can be underweight due to inadequate intake of calories – so have small frequent energy dense meals in the whole day. Take at least 5-6 meals in a day.
- Improve eating habits and focus both on quantity and quality of food you consume.
- If you are not gaining weight due to some underlying medical condition like anorexia nervosa then identify that first and treat it.
- Include foods like nuts and oilseeds, high carbohydrate foods, milk and milk products, pulses, sprouts, eggs, chicken, fish or meat in your diet.
- Regular exercising will also help to build muscles.