There is plenty of advice available on losing or gaining weight through various diets and physical activities. Pills and supplements also promise to help individuals gain weight fast. However, with home remedies to gain weight you can be sure of results without worrying about the side effects.
Home remedies for weight gain are no different from those for weight loss. A balance of nutritional diet and regular exercise can help an individual to gain healthy weight and maintain it.
Weight gain home remedies should focus on gaining healthy muscle mass instead of just piling on the pounds. Before you embark on any home remedy to gain weight, be sure to get yourself medically examined.
Consult your doctor and dietician on what your ideal weight should be.
Your doctor might recommend that you gain weight if being underweight is compromising your immune system. However, sudden or gradual weight loss could be symptomatic of certain diseases, depression, and even prescription pills that suppress your appetite. Before you follow any home remedies for gaining weight, your doctor may want to examine you for these or other conditions that lead to weight loss.
Home remedies to gain weight might be beneficial for those individuals who experience fatigue, have weak limbs, and need to build strength and endurance.
- Individuals who want to benefit from home remedies for gaining weight should eat prescribed portions at regular intervals. Most diet experts agree that your meals should be broken down into eight small, nutritional meals to be consumed every two hours. This gives the digestive process enough time to recuperate between meals. You should not go hungry between your major meals—breakfast, lunch and dinner- and fill those intervals with healthy snacks.
- The key to gaining healthy weight is to consume healthy calories. Snacking on junk food or fast food will only pile on belly fat. Make vegetables, fruits, lean meats, nuts, beans, and healthy beverages like real fruit juices part of your daily meals.
• Drinking beer or sodas will not help you gain healthy weight, just belly fat. Home remedies for belly fat focus on resisting the urge to consume alcohol and sodas because these only constitute empty calories and do not provide any nutrition.
- Take the help of your gym or yoga instructor to understand the differences between weight loss and weight gain exercises. It is a fallacy that thin people do not need exercise. Weight training workouts can help you build healthy muscle mass which in turn can boost your metabolism and increase your appetite.
• Take time to research and understand food groups, which can help you gain healthy weight. Fatty or calorific foods may help gain weight but they could also spell cardiovascular diseases. Besides, fatty deposits are unhealthy and unsightly. High protein foods such as lean meats, nuts and seeds, seafood and diary products can help you gain weight and build muscle.
- Learn to distinguish between healthy and non-healthy fats. Mono saturated fats found in dry fruits and oily seeds and Omega 3 fatty acids commonly found in fish are examples of healthy fat. Butter, lard, and palm oil are examples of unhealthy fats.
- Milk and banana are both great home remedies for weight gain. When consumed as shakes, smoothies, or on their own, they provide the body with all the nutrients and minerals it requires and also help to build body mass. However, any excess consumption must be avoided.
As in weight loss, any home remedy to gain weight must be a gradual process. Do not expect instant results from a home remedy for weight gain. With a well balanced diet and regular exercise, you are bound to gain weight and maintain it.