Ulcers Treatment with Diet
Some people with ulcers might not have a major issue with many foods they consume, while for others even a small piece of an offending item when consumed can cause severe heart burn, excessive acid production and irritation. So it becomes very important to follow certain dietary modifications till the ulcer symptoms subside completely.
- Have small meals at regular intervals when you feel hungry. Don't make any meals heavy as this would ultimately increase the acid production and make matter worse.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, caffeine and fatty foods totally as all three of them would tend to produce excessive acid in the stomach which the lining may not be able to withstand.
- Include unprocessed grains like maize in the diet as they contain linoleic acid which has healing and preventive properties against ulcers.
- Milk would have a soothing effect (just like calcium carbonate containing antacids) when consumed and may help suppress the symptoms for a while but when you tend to rely totally on it then it would bring along some bad news, as it would stimulate the production of excessive stomach acid which can cause trouble.
- Try and gradually increase the soluble fiber in your diet in cooked form, avoid roughage and raw vegetables.
- A mild exercise along with the dietary modifications would help to recover from the condition faster.