List Of Healthy Foods To Eat | Eat Healthy Stay Healthy
The secret to good health lies in the food that we eat. Healthy foods serve as a source for many essential nutrients. They protect the human body from different diseases and illness like cancer. Let us take a look at some of the important healthy foods that should form an integral part of your diet.
- Opt for foods that are organically grown as they are better for your health.
- Natural foods are better than canned and processed foods any day.
A microwave TV dinner maybe convenient, but it is not healthy.
- Meat is tasty and a good source of protein, but do remember to include vegetables and fruits in your diet too. When eating meat, opt for white meat such as chicken and fish over red meat.
- In addition to fruits and vegetables, add some nuts, seeds, whole grains, spices, and herbs to your cuisine.
These will not only make your food tastier, but also ensure that all your nutritional requirements are met.
- Opt for non-starchy vegetables like carrots, spinach, green beans, or broccoli when you are out buying vegetables.
- When it comes to grains, whole grains are better than processed grains any day. Instead of rice or pasta made from refined flour, opt for brown rice or whole wheat pastas. Whole grain breads are also better than white bread.
- Just because a loaf of bread is brown in color does not mean it’s made from whole grains.
Check the ingredients and if you see any mention of refined flour there, it’s time to pick another loaf.
- Incorporate turkey and chicken in your daily meals. Try to eat fish twice or thrice a week. Remember to de-skin the turkey or chicken before cooking it.
If you can’t do without red meat occasionally, opt for lean cuts of beef or pork.
- Dairy is good for you, but it can also make you fat. Consume non or low fat dairy products like skimmed milk, or low fat yogurt and cheese.
- Use liquid oils when cooking instead of solid fats. Mustard and olive oil are good choices.
- Drink as much water as you can as it is the best cleanser for your body. Also opt for natural fruit and vegetable juices over sodas and other empty calorie drinks.
- Spices and herbs are considered to be great antioxidants. Most of them are known to enhance metabolism, ability to burn the fat, prove out to be very effective in treating gastric and digestive disorders and also help with insomnia. Here are some healthy herbs that you can opt for:
• Chili Powder
• Curry powder